Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2018-06-19 17:18:32 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 06/19/2018 04:54 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Could we please also change pg_regress' diff invocations? I find it
> > really painful to see differences in buildfarm output due to the
> > -C3. Locally I've long exported PG_REGRESS_DIFF_OPTS, but that doesn't
> > help on the BF.

> It should do if you put it on the build_env stanza of your config file. I
> just looked at your animal skink and didn't see any trace of it. What
> PG_REGRESS_DIFF_OPTS do you use?
>
> But of course this won;t help you with other peoples' animals :-)

Oh, I was talking about the wider buildfarm, rather than just mine.

> One idea I have been playing with is breaking up the reports so that instead
> of a large text blob we have a series of files. Allowing different formats
> on the web interface for diff files wouldn't be terribly difficult once we
> had that - we'd just need to invoke filterdiff or some such. Of course, we
> couldn't supply more context that was there in the first place ;-)

I mean that would be good - I've way too often spent considerable time
looking for errors - but I don't see why that would be related to this
change. Given that we've "officially" stopped relying on context diffs,
I don't see why we'd not also retire them in pg_regress.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave
Сообщение: Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave