Re: pgsql: Validate page level checksums in base backups

От Michael Banck
Тема Re: pgsql: Validate page level checksums in base backups
Дата
Re: pgsql: Validate page level checksums in base backups  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 05, 2018 at 01:02:27PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 8:22 PM, Michael Banck <michael.banck@credativ.de>
> wrote:
> > Otherwise, I had a quick look and there is no obvious outlier; the
> > pgdata is 220 MB after the testrun (195 MB of which is WAL, maybe that
> > could be cut down somehow?) and the base backups are 22-40 MB each, and
> > there is around 20 of them, so that adds up to more than 750 MB.
>
> It certainly seems reasonable to delete the base backups once they're made,
> after each step, rather than keeping them around forever.

I had a look at this and found a copy-pasto in one of the test cases
while testing, patch attached.

I've also attached a second patch (that applies on top of the first)
that removes the base backups once they are no longer needed, also
attached (but see below).

> Do we have a precedent somewhere for how we do this, or does our test
> framework already have a way to do it? How are all the actual data
> directories etc cleaned up?

They (and the base backups) are getting purged on success of the whole
testsuite. So to be clear - we are not leaving behind 1 GB of disk space
on success, but we use 1 GB of disk space during the test.

> Or should it just be a matter of sprinkling some unlink() calls throughout
> the test file?

I used rmtree() from File::Path (which is also used by PostgresNode to
clean up) to remove them during the run.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Вложения