Re: Sync replication

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Sync replication
Дата
Re: Sync replication  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

On our mailing lists, we prefer that replies be in-line and ask that
users not top-post.  Please see my response, in-line, below.

* Azimuddin Mohammed (azimeiu@gmail.com) wrote:
> So untill my slave comes up master does not commit any transaction which
> means technically my db is non operative?

That's correct, which is why it's encouraged to have multiple replicas
configured when using synchronous replication.  In v10, it's possible to
specify how many synchronous replicas are required to have acknowledged
a given transaction before a COMMIT is returned to the applicaiton.
Please review the documentation here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/warm-standby.html#SYNCHRONOUS-REPLICATION

Thanks!

Stephen