Re: Sync replication

От Rakesh Kumar
Тема Re: Sync replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
correct.

-----Original Message-----
From: Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu@gmail.com>
To: Rakesh Kumar <rakeshkumar464@aol.com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>; pgsql-general <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thu, Jan 25, 2018 8:06 pm
Subject: Re: Sync replication

So untill my slave comes up master does not commit any transaction which means technically my db is non operative?

On Jan 25, 2018 12:23 PM, "Rakesh Kumar" <rakeshkumar464@aol.com> wrote:

>I have a question regarding synchronus replication.
>If i have a master and standby server will sync replication setup..when my slave dies and master is still active. Will the transaction completes, or >master will wait for slave to commit the transaction and then commits its. ?

Master will wait for slave to come back up.  PG"s replication is not the same as SQLServer/DB2/Oracle
where they allow master to continue operating while the slave is down.  useful during scheduled maintenance.