Re: Horrible pg_restore performance, please help

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Horrible pg_restore performance, please help
Дата
Список pgsql-general
brice <yamwak@yahoo.com> writes:
> We're running Postgres 7.1.3 on a Redhat Linux system with 800 MHz CPU,
> 1GB ram, 1.5 GB Swap. This is obviously not a screamer of a box, but
> its not terrible.

> We're trying to import a 32 MB dump file and its taking forever. We've
> tried multiple cfg changes, but things don't seem to speed up, or
> rather ever finish. After about 10 minutes, the cpu is 100% consumed by
> system, with pg_restore being the proc on top. pg_restore consumes
> about 1200 MB of memory in total.

pg_restore, not the backend?

Some digging in the CVS logs reveals past fixes for memory leaks and
other problems in pg_restore, particularly when dealing with lots of
large objects.  If you have LOs in your database then an update to 7.2
or 7.3 should improve life.