Re: Detoasting and memory usage

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Detoasting and memory usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
apb18@cornell.edu wrote:
> I guess my situation is an odd fringe case that probably doesn't happen
> too much, but I thought that knowledge of it might be useful to someone
> somewhere.

See PG_FREE_IF_COPY in fmgr.h

/*
  * Support for cleaning up detoasted copies of inputs.  This must only
  * be used for pass-by-ref datatypes, and normally would only be used
  * for toastable types.  If the given pointer is different from the
  * original argument, assume it's a palloc'd detoasted copy, and pfree
  * it.
  *
  * NOTE: most functions on toastable types do not have to worry about
  * this, but we currently require that support functions for indexes
  * not leak memory.
  */
#define PG_FREE_IF_COPY(ptr,n) \
     do { \
         if ((Pointer) (ptr) != PG_GETARG_POINTER(n)) \
             pfree(ptr); \
     } while (0)

Maybe you can use that or do something similar?

HTH,

Joe