Re: [GENERAL] Associating a basebackup and it's .backup WAL file

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Associating a basebackup and it's .backup WAL file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* cen (imbacen@gmail.com) wrote:
> Seems like a lot of manual work to me, to automate it I'd basically
> have to diff both directories and then copy only the newest
> differences over to the recovery. So far I was unable to find a
> supersecret git repo with bash scripts accomplishing this tasks
> which is surprising.

I would hazard to suggest that's because people have realized that bash
scripting backup and recovery of PostgreSQL, and ensuring that all of
the appropriate precautions are taken and checks are done, is next to
impossible; were it to be done the scripts would be more complex and
challenging to use than any of the existing solutions.

I'd strongly suggest you consider one of the maintained backup solutions
that have already been written instead of inventing yet another one.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения