Re: [GENERAL] LDAP authentication without OU in ldapbasedn

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [GENERAL] LDAP authentication without OU in ldapbasedn
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Gregory Nicol (Gregory.Nicol@Medbank.com.mt) wrote:
> I can't seem to get LDAP Authentication working without an OU in the ldapbasedn. My users are spread across multiple
OUswithout a common root OU which is why I'm trying to authenticate with just the DC.

As it looks like you're working in a Microsoft Windows AD environment,
I'd strongly suggest you consider using Kerberos/GSS authentication
instead of LDAP.  With LDAP, the user has to constantly re-type their
password and the password is sent to the PostgreSQL server.  Neither of
these are ideal and both are avoided by simply using Kerberos, which is
what AD uses.

Authentication using LDAP really shouldn't ever be done in an
environment which has Active Directory.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Associating a basebackup and it's .backup WAL file
От: ProPAAS DBA
Сообщение: [GENERAL] Event Trigger question