Re: [GENERAL] Associating a basebackup and it's .backup WAL file

От cen
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Associating a basebackup and it's .backup WAL file
Дата
Список pgsql-general

That is really unfortunate. It seems it would be a nice feature for pg_basebackup to simply create a .metadata file in basebackup output directory or something along those lines.

Non tarballed/compressed basebackup is fine since I can read the label, but most people probably want to always compress. I'll probably try to get the WAL file by getting last modified .backup right after basebackup invoke.

I also found another "automation" problem looking at PITR recovery documentation, specifically:

"If you have unarchived WAL segment files that you saved in step 2, copy them into pg_xlog/. (It is best to copy them, not move them, so you still have the unmodified files if a problem occurs and you have to start over.)"

Seems like a lot of manual work to me, to automate it I'd basically have to diff both directories and then copy only the newest differences over to the recovery. So far I was unable to find a supersecret git repo with bash scripts accomplishing this tasks which is surprising.