Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] Please provide editor privileges for postgresql wiki
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Ashutosh,

* Ashutosh Bapat (ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> >> I think we should delete the old account so that I can associate my
> >> new account with ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com. Please let me know
> >> when can i do that.
> >
> > Where is it not..?  It appears to be on PG.Org, planet, and commitfest.
>
> Sorry, I wrote something wrong. Yes, ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com
> is associated with ashutoshbapat.

Ok, good.

> I want to know when can I delete the other account?

We don't really have a "delete account" capability either,
unfortunately.  Also, if we deleted it and someone else were to sign up
with it, then they'd end up with that user id on the wiki, which
probably wouldn't be ideal.  I'd rather just disable the account, by
setting the password to an invalid value, if you'd really like me to.

> I noticed that wiki doesn't show any of my previous contributions
> linked to ashutosh.bapat (whenever that was working) e.g the
> presentation that I gave as an example. Will you be link those
> contributions to ashutoshbapat?

Unfortunately, the wiki is quite painful to work with and I don't think
it would be a good idea for me to try and change it, simply because I
might end up breaking something.

The nice thing about the wiki is that anyone can modify it though, so
you could update the wiki with your new account to show that account
going forward.  There would still be history that things used to exist
under the old account, but hopefully that doesn't really matter.

> BTW, big thanks for resolving and fixing so many things so fast.

No worries.  I'm going to bug Magnus about trying to find a way to make
this whole thing less painful.

Thanks!

Stephen

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: