Re: [HACKERS] tzdata 2016j

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] tzdata 2016j
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 10:52:47AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Vladimir Borodin <root@simply.name> writes:
> > > Any chance to get tzdata 2016j in supported branches?
> >
> > When the next scheduled releases come around (February), we'll update
> > to whatever tzdata is current at that time.
>
> I'm guessing that request came through because Vladimir is actually
> affected by the change.
>
> Apparently, you can replace the tzdata file and restart the server per

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#Will_PostgreSQL_handle_recent_daylight_saving_time_changes_in_various_countries.3F

I think a better way to handle this is to use configure's
--with-system-tzdata and make sure the underlying system's tzdata
packages are up to date.  Then you don't need to worry about Postgres'
tzdata files at all.