Re: [HACKERS] building HEAD on macos fails with #error no source of random numbers configured

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] building HEAD on macos fails with #error no source of random numbers configured
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] building HEAD on macos fails with #error no source ofrandom numbers configured  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> writes:
> Looking at src/port/pg_strong_random.c  this would be a bug in autoconf

It looks more like self-inflicted damage from here:

> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql/10 --enable-debug --with-python
> --with-openssl --with-libraries=/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib
> --with-includes=/usr/local/opt/openssl/include/ --no-create --no-recursion

Why are you using either --no-create or --no-recursion?  The former
*definitely* breaks things:

$ ./configure --help | grep create -n, --no-create         do not create output files

Presumably the proximate cause of that error message is that configure
hasn't updated pg_config.h from some ancient version thereof, as a
consequence of this switch.

I'm not sure what --no-recursion does, but I would say that we'd
consider that unsupported as well.