Re: postgres MultiXact 9.3 corruption resolved but advice needed

От Eduardo Morras
Тема Re: postgres MultiXact 9.3 corruption resolved but advice needed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 18:40:39 +0000
Yvonne Murphy <ymurphy@vmware.com> wrote:

> Our application runs against postgres 9.3.9.0-2921310. We recently
> run into the dreaded ERROR:  MultiXactId 82578299 has not been
> created yet -- apparent wraparound. We've truncated this big table.
> Will truncating save us from getting this error soon again or does
> this bug have nothing to do with the size of the table? The
> application has also been tested against. 9.3.12 will upgrading to
> this reduce the chance of us hitting the bug until we can get the
> application tested in 9.5. thanks

It's fixed in 9.3.14

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/release-9-3-14.html

Prevent possible failure when vacuuming multixact IDs in an
installation that has been pg_upgrade'd from pre-9.3 (Andrew Gierth,
Álvaro Herrera)
The usual symptom of this bug is errors like "MultiXactId NNN has not
been created yet -- apparent wraparound".

---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es>