Re: Wiki editor request

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Wiki editor request
Дата
Re: Wiki editor request  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Jun  9, 2016 at 10:32:30PM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> > At that rate, roughly, roughly 14,000 reads of such emails by
> > non-grantors per month.  Multiply by the time you figure it takes
> > to blow through each to get wasted person-hours per month with the
> > current approach.
>
> well - as said before, we are very open to better ways to do this but
> just putting more burden on the people who can grant access by having to

The burden is what?  Having privilege grantors subscribe to another
email list?  What other burdens are there?

> read even more lists is not a very good tradeoff for me. The pgsql-www@
> charter is regarding development and organization of the postgresql
> websites (which the wiki is clearly part of imho),
> if granting access to a previously heavily abused website which very
> high visibility in the community does not fit under "organisation" I'm
> not sure what else does...

Well, I think the big question is whether a significant percentage of
people subscribed to the www list _potentially_ have any ability to
offer feedback to the requests.  I think the problem is that I can
_potentially_ comment on 50% of the postings, and can't for the wiki
access requests.  I can't think of another community email list like
that.

http://enterprisedb.com