Re: "Extern" on email address

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: "Extern" on email address
Дата
Re: "Extern" on email address  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Jun  6, 2016 at 06:12:04PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>     OK, odd, it didn't happen this time.  I guess I will just wait for it to
>     happen again.
>

> Well, your MUA put it there :)
>
> I guess it did so because the MUA of Albe Laurenz did it first at https://
> www.postgresql.org/message-id/
> A737B7A37273E048B164557ADEF4A58B53859B69%40ntex2010i.host.magwien.gv.at - but
> only in the To field. I guess your MUA must've copied it from the to field when
> you did reply. Which is a very strange thing to do, but that's what it looks
> like to me.

It must be some Mutt thing.  I see it happened to 'David G. Johnston' in
this email too, but I am also in the "To:" field (also odd), but didn't
get EXTERN.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/A737B7A37273E048B164557ADEF4A58B53858FCE%40ntex2010i.host.magwien.gv.at

> Adding "extern" is something I've seen more and more organizations do to any
> address that's not from their own company, to make it less likely that people
> send emails to the wrong place. It's quite annoying, but understandable. The
> real weirdness is why your MUA is copying it to the From field. Perhaps yo
> uhave set something up as part of dealing with multiple email addresses?

Yes, odd.  Should we strip it on our end?

http://enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: "Extern" on email address
Сообщение: Re: "Extern" on email address