Re: "Extern" on email address

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: "Extern" on email address
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Mon, Jun  6, 2016 at 06:12:04PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > Adding "extern" is something I've seen more and more organizations do to any
> > address that's not from their own company, to make it less likely that people
> > send emails to the wrong place. It's quite annoying, but understandable. The
> > real weirdness is why your MUA is copying it to the From field. Perhaps yo
> > uhave set something up as part of dealing with multiple email addresses?
>
> Yes, odd.  Should we strip it on our end?

Certainly not!  The list server's job is to redistribute emails, and in
this day and age of mail signing and anti-spoofing and
source-identification measures, we should do so with the minimum of
mangling possible.  For instance, at some point in the not too distant
future, we're likely to remove the [HACKERS] subject tags and the
footers we currently add, also.  Those elements are already causing us
trouble with Yahoo, and that's only going to get worse over time.  (I
think we're already breaking Gmail's signatures too).

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: