Re: A Modest Upgrade Proposal

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: A Modest Upgrade Proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >>Alvaro,
> >>
> >>Thank you for bringing this to light. Is there a contributor FAQ for
> >>PgLogical so that people can help?
> >
> >Hmm, I don't think there's any contributor FAQ.  It's supposed to be a
> >regular patch submission, after all -- it needs user interface review, a
> >review of the communication protocol, tests, code-level review, etc.
>
> O.k. so we should discuss all PgLogical things here and not on Github? I am
> just trying to figure out what the proper mode here is. I don't think
> anybody wants us to double up efforts.

As far as I am concerned, by all means ignore Github and discuss issues
in pgsql-hackers.  Github is being used only because it provides a
convenient Git mirror, which is said to be easier to use than attaching
huge patches back and forth.  I think it may be more convenient also to
keep track of issues people have reported so that they can be marked as
fixed in commit messages, etc.