Re: Cannot get extensions to load

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: Cannot get extensions to load
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 02:53:40PM -0500, John Scalia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> New problem I've not seen before... I'm working with the POWA query
> monitoring package and have that working on my sandbox server. I want to
> use this on several development systems here, but I cannot do a normal
> install of the extensions needed as loading the postgresql94-devel rpm
> wants to upgrade our current 9.4 installations to a newer version. So, I've
> copied the extensions over to another system and have tried to do "create
> extension <xxxx>;" on that system, but only the powa extension is loading.
> Neither the pg_qualstats nor the pg_stats_kcache will create. What I find a
> little weird is that psql keeps saying that it can't find
> "$libdir/pg_xxxxxx" yet I see the .sql files and the control file in the
> /usr/pgsql-9.4/share/extension directory. BTW, these are all CentO/S
> servers, and the Db is 9.4.2. Could it be that since these were created on
> my sandbox which is running 9.4.4 that the extensions just can't load or is
> something else I don't see going on?
> --
> Jay

Hi Jay,

I do not know if this is your problem, but I could not build/install
extensions because I was missing some static libraries. In my case,
I needed to install 'yum install readline-static' before it would
successfully build and install. Try a manual build and see what libraries
it cannot find and add the static versions. Then the install should
complete.

Regards,
Ken