Re: Cannot get extensions to load

От John Scalia
Тема Re: Cannot get extensions to load
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks, Ken,

These extensions built without any issues on my sandbox server and I've been watching the powa web page for some time. I thought I could copy the extensions over to another system and have the powa database on that system have those extensions created. Some further research on my part has revealed that the files needed in /usr/pgsql-9.4/lib for these extensions didn't get copied over (someone else wrote the script, sigh...) So, I think that may be the problem. What I now don't understand is how did the powa extension get created as that one also has a lib.so which isn't present, yet the create extension succeeded for that one.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:13 PM, ktm@rice.edu <ktm@rice.edu> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 02:53:40PM -0500, John Scalia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> New problem I've not seen before... I'm working with the POWA query
> monitoring package and have that working on my sandbox server. I want to
> use this on several development systems here, but I cannot do a normal
> install of the extensions needed as loading the postgresql94-devel rpm
> wants to upgrade our current 9.4 installations to a newer version. So, I've
> copied the extensions over to another system and have tried to do "create
> extension <xxxx>;" on that system, but only the powa extension is loading.
> Neither the pg_qualstats nor the pg_stats_kcache will create. What I find a
> little weird is that psql keeps saying that it can't find
> "$libdir/pg_xxxxxx" yet I see the .sql files and the control file in the
> /usr/pgsql-9.4/share/extension directory. BTW, these are all CentO/S
> servers, and the Db is 9.4.2. Could it be that since these were created on
> my sandbox which is running 9.4.4 that the extensions just can't load or is
> something else I don't see going on?
> --
> Jay

Hi Jay,

I do not know if this is your problem, but I could not build/install
extensions because I was missing some static libraries. In my case,
I needed to install 'yum install readline-static' before it would
successfully build and install. Try a manual build and see what libraries
it cannot find and add the static versions. Then the install should
complete.

Regards,
Ken