Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?
Дата
Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-07-15 16:24:52 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> It may be possible to do this, though I'm sure there's a wrinkle somewhere.
> But there doesn't seem to be a need to overload the main feature request
> with additional requirements. Doing that is just scope creep that prevents
> us getting features out. Nice, simple patches from newer developers. Later
> tuning and tweaking from more expert community members.

I think that's generally a fair point. But here we're discussing to add
a fair amount of wrinkles with the copy approach. The fact alone that
the oid is different will have some ugly consequences.

So we add complexity, just to shift it into different places later? I'm
not sure that's a good idea.

Сообщение: Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?
Сообщение: Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?