Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 July 2015 at 15:57, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2015-07-15 16:52:49 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> Why do we need to create that copy? We can just use the relfilenode in
> all backends by having the backendid in the filename? Yes, there's a
> some amount of additional code needed, but it's not that much?  I
> actually think it might end up being less additional code than having a
> copy, because with the copy you'll have two different oids for global
> entry and the local copy.

Hm, yes. Brainfart. Transaction table rewrites/truncations need to
change the relfilenode.

To fix We could add a backend local mapping table from global temp table
id to the backend local relfilenode. The code to lookup the relfilenode
is already mostly isolated.

It may be possible to do this, though I'm sure there's a wrinkle somewhere. But there doesn't seem to be a need to overload the main feature request with additional requirements. Doing that is just scope creep that prevents us getting features out. Nice, simple patches from newer developers. Later tuning and tweaking from more expert community members.

Сообщение: Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?
Сообщение: Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?