Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?
Дата
Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 July 2015 at 16:28, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2015-07-15 16:24:52 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> It may be possible to do this, though I'm sure there's a wrinkle somewhere.
> But there doesn't seem to be a need to overload the main feature request
> with additional requirements. Doing that is just scope creep that prevents
> us getting features out. Nice, simple patches from newer developers. Later
> tuning and tweaking from more expert community members.

I think that's generally a fair point. But here we're discussing to add
a fair amount of wrinkles with the copy approach. The fact alone that
the oid is different will have some ugly consequences.

Why? We are creating a local temp table LIKE the global temp table. That is already a supported operation. So there is no "different oid".

So we add complexity, just to shift it into different places later? I'm
not sure that's a good idea.

There's no complexity in a simple temp table like. We can do this now with triggers.

Сообщение: Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?
Сообщение: Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?