Re: pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> >> Quite aside from any security risks, that means that running "make
> >> installcheck" twice in a row fails.  Please fix.
>
> > Right, will do, though one kind of requires the other (we can't drop the
> > only user we know how to connect as which is a superuser...).  I'll
> > figure out a way to make it work though.
>
> Instead of physically reconnecting, could you do SET ROLE or SET SESSION
> AUTHORIZATION?  I think that's what we do in the core tests.

Unfortunately, neither of those reset the role GUCs which are set with
ALTER ROLE.

> > I'm at least somewhat suspicious it has to do with loading the library,
> > since we (pretty clearly..) didn't test that much as it's not really
> > intended.
>
> There are several more crashes in the BF now.  They're not at initial
> library load AFAICS.  Hard to tell if it's platform-specific or just
> randomly fails sometimes.  Have you tried valgrind to see if there's
> uninitialized-memory touches?

Will give that a shot and see what it says.

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension