Re: BUG #13275: Version 9.3.6 is not available in Cross distribution packages

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #13275: Version 9.3.6 is not available in Cross distribution packages
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:19:59PM +0000, cbalmeida@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      13275
> Logged by:          Christian Almeida
> Email address:      cbalmeida@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
> Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
>
> It is our policy always use "Cross distribution packages" to install
> Postgres, due to several linux flavors we work with.
>
> We need to upgrade some systems from 9.3.5 to 9.3.6, but it is not available
> for download, only 9.4.1 is available and we do not plan to upgrade to 9.4.x
> for next few months.
>
> Is it possible for you guys to contact SCG people and ask them to make 9.3.6
> available (instead the old 9.3.5)?

Interesting.  We link to BigSQL from our download page (though marked as
OpenSCG):

    http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

The page does have 9.4.1 listed (but with the wrong year of '5-Feb-14',
should be 2015):

    http://community.openscg.com/se/postgresql/packages.jsp

and you are right they didn't upgrade 9.3.X.  I am not sure what
requirement we have for packagers listed on our website to have the most
recent versions of _all_ major releases.   If they just didn't list
9.3.X anymore and had the most recent major release available, is that
sufficient?  Does someone know?  I am CC'ing two of our web people.

Did you contact BigSQL about their lack of a 9.3.X update?  Our only
control is to remove the link to their website if they are not providing
sufficiently-current updates, but I am not sure that is the case here.

  + Everyone has their own god. +