Re: BUG #13275: Version 9.3.6 is not available in Cross distribution packages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #13275: Version 9.3.6 is not available in Cross distribution packages
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:19:59PM +0000, cbalmeida@gmail.com wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      13275
>> Logged by:          Christian Almeida
>> Email address:      cbalmeida@gmail.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
>> Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
>>
>> It is our policy always use "Cross distribution packages" to install
>> Postgres, due to several linux flavors we work with.
>>
>> We need to upgrade some systems from 9.3.5 to 9.3.6, but it is not available
>> for download, only 9.4.1 is available and we do not plan to upgrade to 9.4.x
>> for next few months.
>>
>> Is it possible for you guys to contact SCG people and ask them to make 9.3.6
>> available (instead the old 9.3.5)?
>
> Interesting.  We link to BigSQL from our download page (though marked as
> OpenSCG):
>
>         http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
>
> The page does have 9.4.1 listed (but with the wrong year of '5-Feb-14',
> should be 2015):
>
>         http://community.openscg.com/se/postgresql/packages.jsp
>
> and you are right they didn't upgrade 9.3.X.  I am not sure what
> requirement we have for packagers listed on our website to have the most
> recent versions of _all_ major releases.   If they just didn't list
> 9.3.X anymore and had the most recent major release available, is that
> sufficient?  Does someone know?  I am CC'ing two of our web people.

We certainly expect anything that they list to be up to date, and
coordinated with the official release. I don't think we have a policy
on which branches should be supported though (perhaps we should - in
which case, I'd push for all of them).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: BUG #13275: Version 9.3.6 is not available in Cross distribution packages
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13275: Version 9.3.6 is not available in Cross distribution packages