Re: WITH CHECK and Column-Level Privileges

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: WITH CHECK and Column-Level Privileges
Дата
Re: WITH CHECK and Column-Level Privileges  (Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com>)
Re: WITH CHECK and Column-Level Privileges  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dean, Robert,

* Dean Rasheed (dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com) wrote:
> On 29 October 2014 13:04, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:

> >> I haven't looked at the code, but that sounds nice, except that if
> >> they have no access to any columns, I'd leave the message out
> >> altogether instead of emitting it with no useful content.
> >
> > Alright, I can change things around to make that happen without too much
> > trouble.
>
> Yes, skim-reading the patch, it looks like a good approach to me, and
> also +1 for not emitting anything if no values are visible.

Alright, here's an updated patch which doesn't return any detail if no
values are visible or if only a partial key is visible.

Please take a look.  I'm not thrilled with simply returning an empty
string and then checking that for BuildIndexValueDescription and
ExecBuildSlotValueDescription, but I figured we might have other users
of BuildIndexValueDescription and I wasn't seeing a particularly better
solution.  Suggestions welcome, of course.

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения