Re: Hash Function

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Hash Function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/11/15 8:52 AM, Ravi Kiran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to know what kind of hash function postgres is using currently, can someone please explain the algorithm
postgresis using for the hash function in the hash join algorithm.

That's ultimately going to be determined by the operator family of the data types involved in the join, but generally
stuffuses the internal hash function which is a modified Jenkins hash.

BTW, I just investigated switching the algorithm we use for buffer hashing [1]. Turned out to be a dead end, but it's
verypossible that a newer hash than Jenkins (ie: CityHash or FarmHash) would be a win for larger data.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/24160.1419460117@sss.pgh.pa.us

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: To do for psql to show installable extensions
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: WITH CHECK and Column-Level Privileges