Re: Removing INNER JOINs

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Removing INNER JOINs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/3/14 1:08 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas<hlinnakangas@vmware.com>  writes:
>> >Do you need to plan for every combination, where some joins are removed
>> >and some are not?
> I would vote for just having two plans and one switch node.  To exploit
> any finer grain, we'd have to have infrastructure that would let us figure
> out*which*  constraints pending triggers might indicate transient
> invalidity of, and that doesn't seem likely to be worth the trouble.

In the interest of keeping the first pass simple... what if there was simply a switch node in front of every join that
couldbe removable? That means you'd still be stuck with the overall plan you got from not removing anything, but simply
eliminatingthe access to the relation(s) might be a big win in many cases, and presumably this would be a lot easier to
code.

Сообщение: Re: WITH CHECK and Column-Level Privileges
Сообщение: Re: WITH CHECK and Column-Level Privileges