Re: Single Database Recovery?

От lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
Тема Re: Single Database Recovery?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Zitat von john@jpm-cola.com:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to recover a single database that's part of an instance with
> other databases which I do not want to recover. We do a physical backup and
> have the WAL archive files available. The purpose of this is to place a
> copy of one of the Prod databases onto the QA server which has other
> existing databases that we want to keep.
>
> What I was thinking was that I could recover all of the files to a separate
> area, then basically just copy the files from that database's directory
> into the QA instance database directory (same oid.) There was an existing
> copy on the QA server and I want to replace it with the new copy.
>
> Is this possible? I know that I could simply do a pg_dump into this QA
> database but this seems to take way too long - days instead of the hours
> that it takes to unzip the physical backup file into a directory on the QA
> server.

Have you tried to simple use pg_dump piped to a psql feeding the data
directly in the target QA database? It has the advantage of not using
local temporary storage and should be reasonable fast in the range of
< TB.

Regards

Andreas

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Single Database Recovery?
Сообщение: Re: Single Database Recovery?