Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue
Дата
Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue  (jim_yates <pg@wg5jim.net>)
Список pgsql-sql
jim_yates wrote:

> Then I'm really confused.
> The minimum relminmxid for all the rows in pg_class that have relminmxid
> greater then zero is 1.
> That's the current value of datminmxid in pg_database.
>
> And the NextMultiXactId from pg_controldump is  303464.
>
> So if I use the min value from pg_class then I have some other issue.
>
> Where should I get the new pg_database value from?

I'm deep in another issue which I don't want to page out right now, but
try vacuuming the tables that have relminmxid=1 with low values set for
vacuum_multixact_freeze_table_age and vacuum_multixact_freeze_min_age,
say 100000.  (I think 65536 ought to get you beyond segment
pg_multixact/offset/0000, and then that file would be removed.) Since
any multixact values below the point at which pg_upgrade ran should be
marked "no longer running" through hint bits, there would be no
pg_multixact lookups anyway and thus the vacuuming should complete with
no errors.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue
Сообщение: Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue