Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered
Дата
Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered  (Noah Yetter <nyetter@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep  4, 2014 at 11:37:27AM -0600, Noah Yetter wrote:
> The 9.3.5 release notes contain...
>

>   • Fix pg_upgrade for cases where the new server creates a TOAST table but the
>     old version did not (Bruce Momjian)
>
>     This rare situation would manifest as "relation OID mismatch" errors.
>

> ...which I thought was this bug, hence my confusion.  If anyone else is
> experiencing this bug, they may erroneously be led to believe that 9.3.5
> contains the fix.
>

> I will attempt to build 9.3 stable head and retry my upgrade.

Yes, please let us know.  The post-9.3.5 fix is for the reverse case,
where the new cluster needs a TOAST table that the old cluster didn't.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +