Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered

От Noah Yetter
Тема Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Isn't that exactly what the release note says?
"where the new server creates a TOAST table but the old version did not"
vs.
"where the new cluster needs a TOAST table that the old cluster didn't"

At any rate, I've additionally observed that the relation which is blowing up pg_upgrade is a VIEW in the source cluster but gets created as a TABLE in the upgraded cluster, which may better explain why it had no toast table before and now it does.  Is this some kind of expected behavior for views?

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Thu, Sep  4, 2014 at 11:37:27AM -0600, Noah Yetter wrote:
> The 9.3.5 release notes contain...
>

>   • Fix pg_upgrade for cases where the new server creates a TOAST table but the
>     old version did not (Bruce Momjian)
>
>     This rare situation would manifest as "relation OID mismatch" errors.
>

> ...which I thought was this bug, hence my confusion.  If anyone else is
> experiencing this bug, they may erroneously be led to believe that 9.3.5
> contains the fix.
>

> I will attempt to build 9.3 stable head and retry my upgrade.

Yes, please let us know.  The post-9.3.5 fix is for the reverse case,
where the new cluster needs a TOAST table that the old cluster didn't.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

  + Everyone has their own god. +