Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Bruce Momjian [via PostgreSQL] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Sep  4, 2014 at 11:37:27AM -0600, Noah Yetter wrote:

> The 9.3.5 release notes contain...
>

>   • Fix pg_upgrade for cases where the new server creates a TOAST table but the
>     old version did not (Bruce Momjian)
>
>     This rare situation would manifest as "relation OID mismatch" errors.
>

> ...which I thought was this bug, hence my confusion.  If anyone else is
> experiencing this bug, they may erroneously be led to believe that 9.3.5
> contains the fix.
>

> I will attempt to build 9.3 stable head and retry my upgrade.
Yes, please let us know.  The post-9.3.5 fix is for the reverse case,
where the new cluster needs a TOAST table that the old cluster didn't.

​hmmm...the 9.3.5 doc and what you just wrote (and the Aug 7 Patch Commit) are saying the same thing...both patches claim to fix oid conflicts when only the new server requires the TOAST table.

I'm not sure, though, whether anything useful can be done except field questions until 9.3.6 is released.  We cannot fix the 9.3.5 doc at this point and once 9.3.6 comes out the distinction will be irrelevant...

David J.​

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}
От: Joel Jacobson
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL 2