Re: Wanted: jsonb on-disk representation documentation

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Wanted: jsonb on-disk representation documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-05-07 14:48:51 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > * The jentry representation should be changed so it's possible to get the type
> >   of a entry without checking individual types. That'll make code like
> >   findJsonbValueFromSuperHeader() (well, whatever you've renamed it to)
> >   much easier to read. Preferrably so it an have the same values (after
> >   shifting/masking) ask the JBE variants. And it needs space for futher
> >   types (or representations thereof).
>
> Further types?  What further types?  JSON seems unlikely to grow any
> other value types than what it's got.

I am not thinking about user level exposed types, but e.g. a hash/object
representation that allows duplicated keys and keeps the original
order. Because I am pretty sure that'll come.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers
Сообщение: Re: proposal: Set effective_cache_size to greater of .conf value, shared_buffers