Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.4

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pgindent run for 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May  6, 2014 at 03:54:24PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> writes:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >> Yes, I had to modify those lines before I pushed the pgindent changes so
> >> 'make installcheck-world' would pass.� It passes here for me now.� Did
> >> you do 'make maintainer-clean' before running the tests?� That might
> >> help.
>
> > It occurred to me after my last post that I had just done a "make
> > world" without any cleanup when I pulled that, and had started a
> > full build from "make maintainer-clean" when you sent that.� :-)
>
> FWIW, I did a "make distclean" before pulling the update, which is
> my usual habit, and it worked fine.  A look at the make rules for
> ecpg suggests that "make clean" is enough to get rid of all the
> derived files for the tests.
>
> But having said that, if this didn't work then there's something broken
> about the make rules for the ecpg tests.  I'm a bit suspicious of commit
> 69e9768e7b183d4b276d0e067a5a0000689580eb.

What _is_ odd is that I had to change these files after the pgindent run
in head, but _not_ in the back branches when I removed the tabs from
comments.  I assume there is something new in 9.4 about they way they
are built.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +