Re: 9.4 Proposal: Initdb creates a single table

От David Fetter
Тема Re: 9.4 Proposal: Initdb creates a single table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 02:26:50PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > On 04/23/2014 07:43 AM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> > > I can propose contrib PostgreNoSQL providing following:
> > > 1) Table postgres as you proposed.
> > > 2) Functions: get_postgres(id intgeger) returns jsonb, set_postgres(id
> > > integer, data jsonb) returns void, search_postgres(query jsonb) returns
> > > setof postgres. search_postgres will have semantics of @> jsonb operator
> > > 3) Background workers which provides HTTP wrapper over those functions.
> >
> > You're forgetting ... sharding/replication over multiple masters.
> >
> > Also, the id should be a text value so that folks can use hash keys, or
> > whatever.
>
> We should totally have a type "uuidserial".

Something like it, certainly.  One thing SQL Server does right is to
have an opaque identity column, for which UUID would do an admirable
job.  We would need to build UUID functionality in, and I don't see
this as a hard task.  Should I draft it up as a self-contained
extension?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: MultiXactId error after upgrade to 9.3.4
Сообщение: Re: MultiXactId error after upgrade to 9.3.4