Re: test failure on latest source

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: test failure on latest source
Дата
Re: test failure on latest source  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 13/04/2014 18:09, Tom Lane wrote:
> >Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> >
> >>Hm. getaddrinfo.c has this bit:
> >>    /* Unsupported flags. */
> >>    if (flags & NI_NAMEREQD)
> >>        return EAI_AGAIN;
> >
> >Yeah, and that flag is only ever specified when attempting to do reverse
> >lookup on a client address to see if it matches a non-numeric pg_hba
> >entry.

I don't know if this is relevant, but perhaps we're defining the
constants in a way that conflicts with the values defined by cygwin.  A
very quick search finds a 2007 patch for Mutt[1] that seems to have
NI_NAMEREQD defined as 8 somewhere, while 4 is NI_NOFQDN.  But we have
this in getaddrinfo.h:

#ifndef NI_NAMEREQD
#define NI_NAMEREQD     4
#endif

So maybe we're doing something wrong.  Indeed, my system has in
/usr/include/netdb.h

# define NI_NAMEREQD    8   /* Don't return numeric addresses.  */

You'd do well to research this more, I think.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=mutt-dev&m=117752314512877&w=2