Re: test failure on latest source

От Marco Atzeri
Тема Re: test failure on latest source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 16/04/2014 17:14, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Marco Atzeri wrote:

>>> Yeah, and that flag is only ever specified when attempting to do reverse
>>> lookup on a client address to see if it matches a non-numeric pg_hba
>>> entry.
>
> I don't know if this is relevant, but perhaps we're defining the
> constants in a way that conflicts with the values defined by cygwin.  A
> very quick search finds a 2007 patch for Mutt[1] that seems to have
> NI_NAMEREQD defined as 8 somewhere, while 4 is NI_NOFQDN.  But we have
> this in getaddrinfo.h:
>
> #ifndef NI_NAMEREQD
> #define NI_NAMEREQD     4
> #endif
>
> So maybe we're doing something wrong.  Indeed, my system has in
> /usr/include/netdb.h
>
> # define NI_NAMEREQD    8   /* Don't return numeric addresses.  */
>
> You'd do well to research this more, I think.
>
> [1] http://marc.info/?l=mutt-dev&m=117752314512877&w=2

on cygwin both 32 and 64 bit I see

netdb.h:#define NI_NAMEREQD     0x4     /* Not being able to resolve is
an error. */

same on
w32api/ws2tcpip.h:#define NI_NAMEREQD 0x04

curiosly I see also on
roken-common.h:#define NI_NAMEREQD      0x02

$ cygcheck -f /usr/include/roken-common.h
libkrb5-devel-1.5.3-1

not sure if it has any relevance at all in this case.