Re: WIP patch (v2) for updatable security barrier views

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: WIP patch (v2) for updatable security barrier views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg,

* Gregory Smith (gregsmithpgsql@gmail.com) wrote:
> Now that Tom has given some guidance on the row locking weirdness,
> maybe it's time for me to start updating those into make check form.

If you have time, that'd certainly be helpful.

> The documentation has been in a similar holding pattern.  I have
> lots of resources to help document what does and doesn't work here
> to the quality expected in the manual.  I just need a little more
> confidence about which feature set is commit worthy.  The
> documentation that makes sense is very different if only updatable
> security barrier views is committed.

Guess I see that a bit differently- the two features, while they might
be able to be used together, should both be documented appropriately and
at the level that each can be used independently.  I'm not sure that
documentation about how to build RLS on top of updatable security
barrier views w/o actual RLS support being in PG would be something we'd
want to include in the PG documentation, which I guess is what you're
getting at here.
Thanks,
    Stephen