Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Christian Ullrich
<chris@chrullrich.net> wrote:
> * From: Amit Kapila
>
>> Another thing to decide about this fix is that whether it is okay to fix
>> it for CTRL+C and leave the problem open for CTRL+BREAK?
>> (The current option used (CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP) will handle only
>> CTRL+C).
>
> Below is a new (right now very much proof-of-concept) patch to replace
> my earlier one. It has the same effect on Ctrl-C the change to pg_ctl had,
> and additionally ignores Ctrl-Break as well.

This fix won't allow CTRL+C for other cases like when server is started
directly with postgres binary.
./postgres -D <data_dir_path>
I think this doesn't come under your original complaint and as such I
don't see any problem in allowing CTRL+C for above case.

One another way could be to use CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE instead of
CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP in you previous fix, but I am not
sure if it's acceptable to users to have a new console window for server.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.