Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()
Дата
Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()  (Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-04-02 21:08:47 +0100, Greg Stark wrote:
> Normally I'm not for adding gucs that just gate new features. But I think a
> simple guc to turn this on or off would be fine and alleviate any concerns.
> I think users would appreciate it quite a lot

I don't have strong feelings about the feature, but introducing a guc
for it feels entirely ridiculous to me. This is a minor detail in an
error message, not more.

> It would even have a positive effect of helping raise awareness of the
> feature. I often scan the list of config options to get an idea of new
> features when I'm installing new software or upgrading.

Really? Should we now add GUCs for every feature then?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

PS: Could you please start to properly quote again? You seem to have
stopped doing that entirely in the last few months.

Services

Сообщение: Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()
Сообщение: Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()