Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I don't have strong feelings about the feature, but introducing a guc
> for it feels entirely ridiculous to me. This is a minor detail in an
> error message, not more.

I agree. It's just a HINT. It's quite helpful in certain particular
contexts, but in the grand scheme of things isn't all that important.
I am being quite conservative in trying to anticipate cases where on
balance it'll actually hurt more than it will help. I doubt that there
actually are any.

--
Peter Geoghegan