Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged"

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-04-01 13:37:57 -0300, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
> In the GSoC proposal page [1] I received some suggestions to strech goals:
>
> * "ALTER TABLE name SET UNLOGGED". This is essentially the reverse of the
> core proposal, which is "ALTER TABLE name SET LOGGED". Yes, I think that
> should definitely be included. It would be weird to have SET LOGGED but not
> SET UNLOGGED.

Yes, that makes sense.

> * Allow unlogged indexes on logged tables.

I don't think it's realistic to build the infrastructure necessary for
that as part of gsoc. The reasons have been explained somewhere in this
thread.

> * Implement "ALTER TABLE name SET LOGGED" without rewriting the whole
> table, when wal_level = minimal.

Yea, maybe.

> * Allow unlogged materialized views.

I don't think that's realistic either.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

От: Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Сообщение: Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged"