Re: updated emacs configuration

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: updated emacs configuration
Дата
Re: updated emacs configuration  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> > I compute 6627 lines as modified.  What I did not do is handle _only_
> > cases with periods before the tabs.  Should I try that?
>
> I don't have any comment on that specific point, but I took a quick
> look through one of these diffs and it looks like a lot of churn for
> no improvement.  So I'm not sure what we want to do here, but I don't
> think it's this.

I, on the contrary, think that the cases that are preceded by a period
are an improvement, and the rest are not (the opposite, actually, so
better not change those).  Maybe there are specific cases in which a
period-tab sequence should be kept, but that seems rarer.

I didn't check the entire diff obviously, so I can't comment on how good
about detecting comments the new entab code is.