Re: updated emacs configuration

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: updated emacs configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas escribió:
>> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> > I compute 6627 lines as modified.  What I did not do is handle _only_
>> > cases with periods before the tabs.  Should I try that?
>>
>> I don't have any comment on that specific point, but I took a quick
>> look through one of these diffs and it looks like a lot of churn for
>> no improvement.  So I'm not sure what we want to do here, but I don't
>> think it's this.
>
> I, on the contrary, think that the cases that are preceded by a period
> are an improvement, and the rest are not (the opposite, actually, so
> better not change those).  Maybe there are specific cases in which a
> period-tab sequence should be kept, but that seems rarer.
>
> I didn't check the entire diff obviously, so I can't comment on how good
> about detecting comments the new entab code is.

Well, the thing I really didn't like was this sort of thing:

- /* Oid subtype = PG_GETARG_OID(3); */
+ /* Oid      subtype = PG_GETARG_OID(3); */

Or this:

- * Original author: Simon Riggs  simon@2ndquadrant.com
- * Current maintainer: Simon Riggs
+ * Original author:     Simon Riggs  simon@2ndquadrant.com
+ * Current maintainer:  Simon Riggs

Or this:

- * dirpath  - the directory name supplied on the command line
- * configpath  - optional configuration directory
- * envVarName  - the name of an environment variable to get if dirpath is NULL
+ * dirpath       - the directory name supplied on the command line
+ * configpath    - optional configuration directory
+ * envVarName    - the name of an environment variable to get if
dirpath is NULL

Or this:

- mp_int_copy(a, b); /* ok: 0 <= r < b */
- mp_int_copy(&q, a); /* ok: q <= a   */
+ mp_int_copy(a, b); /* ok:  0 <= r < b */
+ mp_int_copy(&q, a); /* ok:  q <= a     */

I do agree with you some of the changes-after-periods look like
improvements; what I meant to say is that there is an awful lot of
churn in this patch that is unrelated to that particular point.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company