Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 04:09:28PM -0800, Lists wrote:
> Our app makes extensive use of temp tables, and this causes a
> significant amount of bloat that can often only be cleared with a

Note what Tom Lane said, but why do you have bloat that can only be
cleared by vacuum?  Why not drop them or whatever (I presume they're
not going away because your connection is long lived)?  They're
supposed to be temporary, after all: cheap and disposable.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca

Сообщение: Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?
Сообщение: Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?