Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/15/2014 4:09 PM, Lists wrote:
> Our app makes extensive use of temp tables, and this causes a
> significant amount of bloat that can often only be cleared with a
> manual vacuum process.

whats the persistence of these temporary tables?    by design, they are
meant for relatively short lifespan uses, and as Tom said are only
accessible by the connection that created them, and when you're done
with them you should drop them.

now, if you mean 'temporary table' in another sense, like regular tables
you're using for storing temporary data, how are you cleaning this
'temporary data' out of them?    truncate should free the disk space
they use where delete won't.

Сообщение: Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?
Сообщение: Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?