Re: Standalone synchronous master

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Standalone synchronous master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-01-10 14:44:28 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On 01/10/2014 02:33 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> >
> >On 2014-01-10 14:29:58 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >>db02 goes down. It doesn't matter why. It is down. db01 continues to accept
> >>orders, allow people to log into the website and we can still service
> >>accounts. The continuity of service continues.
> >
> >Why is that configuration advantageous over a async configuration is the
> >question. Why, with those requirements, are you using a synchronous
> >standby at all?
>
> If the master goes down, I can fail over knowing that as many of my
> transactions as possible have been replicated.

It's not like async replication mode delays sending data to the standby
in any way.

Really, the commits themselves are sent to the server at exactly the
same speed independent of sync/async. The only thing that's delayed is
the *notificiation* of the client that sent the commit. Not the commit
itself.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master
Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master