Re: Standalone synchronous master

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Standalone synchronous master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/10/2014 02:47 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

> Really, the commits themselves are sent to the server at exactly the
> same speed independent of sync/async. The only thing that's delayed is
> the *notificiation* of the client that sent the commit. Not the commit
> itself.

Which is irrelevant to the point that if the standby goes down, we are
now out of business.

Any continuous replication should not be a SPOF. The current behavior
guarantees that a two node sync cluster is a SPOF. The proposed behavior
removes that.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc

Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master
Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master