Re: Standalone synchronous master

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Standalone synchronous master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/10/2014 02:33 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

> On 2014-01-10 14:29:58 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> db02 goes down. It doesn't matter why. It is down. db01 continues to accept
>> orders, allow people to log into the website and we can still service
>> accounts. The continuity of service continues.
>
> Why is that configuration advantageous over a async configuration is the
> question. Why, with those requirements, are you using a synchronous
> standby at all?

If the master goes down, I can fail over knowing that as many of my
transactions as possible have been replicated.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc

Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master
Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master